SKATE PARK INAUGURATION
On October 13, 2012 a dream and prayer request of mine was granted by the Lord here in our home town of San Miguel del Monte, Argentina. I had been praying for a couple of years for the Lord to provide a place for my skateboarding ministry to grow and call its own. Little did I know that while I was in the U.S. on furlough, the Lord was working behind the scenes here in the leaders of the town to create a skatepark for the group of teens I have been working with for 3 years. So, after many months of petitions, signatures, conversations, arguments and connections, the city of Monte inaugurated its very own skate park!!! The kids were soooooooooo excited to see this dream become a reality. And for me, it is as if God has given me my very own church building to minister to these kids whom are very misunderstood for their love of skating.
After 20 years of participating in this sport, the Lord continues to give me very specific ways to give back to Him, the abilities to which He has gifted me my whole life. I am using it for His glory, His honor, and His GOOD NEWS.
The day began at 10:00 am when all the kids gathered to spraypaint the virgin cement skatepark. Together with the assistant director of sports for our town, all the kids wrote their names and drew pictures of their favorite skate brands to leave their mark on this special space. Later in the day a group of professional skaters joined us for a demonstration of skate tricks to kick off the afternoon. Following that the kids participated in a tournament for the inauguration. Over 180 spectators from the town came to witness the event and over 30 local skaters. Although it was a municipal event (organized by the town) I was able to participate in the tournament due to relationships I have made over the years. I was also able to donate a CHRISTIAN SKATERS skateboard deck (www.christianskaters.org) as the grand prize (see photo). A little boy named Lucas Cordoba won the day with only 9 years of age. He is a great little skater and has real potential for the future if he continues at his current rate of growth. The deck says "he did it for love of me", and has a picture of Jesus' hand with a hole in the center. So, although I wasn't able to preach the gospel this time, I was able to communicate the Gospel through this special gift. Lucas' parents own a fruit and vegetable stand that we frequent often. We all stayed at the park until 6:00 pm and enjoyed a beautiful day of sunshine that the Lord provided for us.
| "He did it for love of you" received with a big smile. |
THANK YOU LORD FOR THIS GREAT BLESSING AND MAY THIS SPACE BE USED TO ADD CHILDREN TO YOUR ETERNAL FAMILY. See JOHN 3:17, 30 (open your bible NOW and READ it or click on this link to find it online_www.biblestudytools.org)
Please leave a comment below and please continue to pray for the skaters and their families to receive Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment