LOBOS ~
This town is about 30 minutes from Word of Life and it's where we moved in 1985 when my Dad started the church - Missionary Baptist Church. There had not been any preaching of the Gospel for over 100 yrs and that is why my dad became burdened for this town. Adri was my dad's secretary and an alumni from Word of Life and Faby got saved through my mom and Adri. They remained best friends throughout the years and even came to the States to live with us in 1996 and take care of my mom the last 3 months she was with us here on earth. They are so close to my heart!
.JPG)
Faby, James, Lucas and I in front of the restaurant we ate at
"El Lupo"
My meal...
James' meal...
Provoleta ~ one of my favorite things to eat in Argentina. It is grilled provolone cheese with oregano and olive oil, it's an appetizer to die for!!
James about to taste the
provoleta...
Adri trying to get us to eat cow's pituitary gland....yes, that's correct. It's a specialty there. NO THANKS!!!
Adri, Lucas and I
Adri, Faby, Lucas and I
.jpg)
First time Adri and Faby meet Lucas
Our mellow little man just chillin' while we were eating lunch
Again, Lucas just being so good at the restaurant
Lots of kisses....
and more kisses....
.JPG)
Adri and I in front of our old house. My parents bought this in 1985 and fixed it up. Beautiful house and lots of memories...we lived there for 7 yrs. Hard to believe some of the wallpaper my mom put up is still there today.
This in on the right side of the house and we use to eat all of those grapes from the vines and give them away to lots of people...
This was David and Danny's bball hoop from the 80's. Boy did it get used!! The swimming pool was not there when we owned the house.
Our kitchen....wow! Same floors and same table...it sure did bring back lots of memories!
Trapani Ice Cream.... it was there when we lived there in the 80's and they have the best ice cream by far!! It's all made right there in the store. I remember as kids we used to love to watch them make it.
.jpg)
The girls enjoying some tasty ice cream I had been missing for 9 years
.JPG)
Yes, even Lucas got some ice cream from Tia Faby.... who gives an 8 month old ice cream? She kept saying: "But he loves it, he wants more." Well, of course, who doesn't want more ice cream? :)
Where the ice cream is made ....
I pretended I didn't know any Spanish so I could get a tour of the back and take some pictures of how the ice cream is made. It was hilarious....mostly because I would forget I wasn't suppose to know Spanish and start talking to Adri. Oops.... :)
.JPG)
James and Lucas behind the same pulpit my Dad preached from for years
The original Bible and pulpit from when my Dad started the church
Selva and I. Selva got saved as a teen while we were in Lobos.... she is now married, has 2 boys and her husband is one of the Pastors of the church. How awesome is our God!!!
The front of the church my Dad founded in 1985. It is exactly one block from our old house.
4 comments:
I love your pictures and your memories. I think I am learning more about your life in Argentina from these blogs than from all the time I've know you! lol
I am so glad that you took SO MANY pictures, I am so happy that you got to go back and take your best friend. I know how much Argentina means to you, and I am so happy how you have been able to go back and relive those times. It was probably a little emotional thinking of all of your memories, and your mom.
A little emotional? Yeah, to say the least! I had my moments....but for the most part it was just fabulous seeing everyone and hearing all these stories from others about mom and dad and our yrs in Argentina. Not to mention the joy to show James where I grew-up, the churches my dad started or worked with and to introduce him to many of my childhood friends that he only knew by name. :)
James totally loved the culture (he was all up for those midnight outings to the coffee shop w/ our friends) and said he felt like he knew me even better now that he has been to Argentina. He also told some people there that my body is American but my heart and mind are Argentine. :)
I can't wait to go back in June with the youth and maybe the girls....we'll see.
I'm so glad you got to return to Argentina and that James had a chance to see a very important piece of your life. Some of those pictures looked familiar to me and I had tears sneaking down my cheeks, too. It made me miss your mom. She loved Argentina. Watching God work in her life through those years was one of the most exciting things I ever got to witness. She left for Argentina scared and insecure and let God become her strength as she served there. Each time she would come home from there she would be sweeter and warmer and more confident than ever. God was her strength right to the very end. You had a wonderful mom, Tanya. You are very much like her. She would be so proud of you. I know I am! Love you!
Post a Comment