OK ... I know, I'm WAY behind on my blogging ... so sorry!! I'm going to catch up to speed this week. We have been traveling (by car w/ the WHOLE family) to North Carolina, Massachusetts, Virgina, Indiana, Ohio and Jacksonville ... and just got back last night.
Lucas with the end result: a lovely mitten-bandage
In the ER waiting ... hoping this little band aid would hold the finger together ... yes, it was that bad. I was afraid he was going to pull it off.
Lucas finger 2 weeks after the fact ....
Looking better ... c:
This little ER trip happened about 45 minutes after arriving at my Dad's in NC. Meaning, we had driven 13 hours in the car and got to Papaw's house and Lucas was playing & being the busy little man that he is when he decided to grab a 1 x 4 piece of wood that Nana and Papaw use to measure the kids growth. Well, it was a bit heavy for him so when he picked it up he lost his balance and fell to the floor with his hands down and the board immediately followed, landing right on top of his fingers and severing 75% of his middle finger. The WHOLE nail went flying right away and yes, I saw the whole thing ... I was getting Gaby a drink of water at the moment. Yikes! So, I calmly said to everyone there "Yup, we're gonna have to go to the ER." But, no one really believed me cause I said it so calmly I guess .... Long story short.... 4 hours later and 7 stitches on his left middle finger he was good as new- OK, maybe not quite. He cried like I have NEVER heard him cry before when he got those 7 stitches ... broke my heart!!!
~ 11 stitches in 3 months ... is this just the beginning of boyhood?? Hope not! =)

2 comments:
Ohhh, the poor little guy! Is he in a lot of pain? Clay got his finger jammed in a door a few weeks ago, and it turns out the bone BENT, so he's in a splint for 2 months. I'm constantly amazed at little boys and the danger they get themselves into, and also God's angels that are protecting them! :)
Poor little guy!! Hope it heals up well for him.
Post a Comment