Sunday, February 10, 2008

What a week!

In case you were wondering where I've been all week.....well, it's been a challenging week. To summarize, on Friday we finally took Gaby and Lucas to the doctor. Keep in mind, Gaby has had asthma since 16 months old and does great until she gets a cold. We always start her on breathing treatments at the earliest cough we hear. Lucas had to do breathing treatments at 3 months old as well and we were told that he too might have asthma. Ok, well... they both have chest infections, Gaby has an ear infection too and had to have some blood drawn because her fever was 103.5 for 4 days and her oxygen levels were low. So, they have both been on breathing treatments every 4 hours (even through the night) and on antibiotics. Gaby is used to the nebulizer treatments, but my little boy is not so sure of them. I hate to hear him cry - but it actually goes deeper when he cries.
Needless to say, I am a little exhausted and have lost it a few times with the girls today (didn't go to church, obviously). Please pray they get all better soon and that God would give me rest and an extra dose of patience.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing a great job Tan! I don't know how you do it, especially getting up all the time during the night like this. I'm praying that they will feel better and things can get back to normal soon. Love you, we'll talk when it calms down for you!

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

I hate it when kids are sick! Especially babies! I will be praying for you!

perval said...

Hola tanya, se que Dios se encargara de darte las fuezas que necesitas, y estare orando x ti y por Gaby y Lucas ,para que se alivien rapido, esperaamos en Dios que pase pronto si necesitas algo llamae besos
vale

Adrienne said...

Feel better soon! Whenever our kids are sick, it makes me so thankful for the health that we have so much of the time... I'll pray for patience and wisdom for you!

Tanya said...

Thank you all for your prayers!!! The kids are feeling better and last night was the first night we didnt have to do any night treatments. Yay!! We are still doing the breathing treatments during the day, but are very thankful that they are feeling better and on the way to recovery. I really appreciate all your prayers and your friendship!