Friday, February 15, 2008

10 years ago TODAY...

February 15, 1998, was the FIRST time James and I EVER saw each other and even knew of the other person's exsistence. There has been NO turning back since.... ten years later we are happily married and more in-love than ever and have 3 beautiful children. Who would have known but God?

Here is a short version of the night we met at Liberty University:

It was one of my roomates b-day and her name was Memori. Yes, you read that correctly. I asked some of the guys in our brother-dorm to come serenade her for her b-day as I knew that she would be embarrased and surprised. We lived on the 3rd floor of Dorm 27. At about 11:30 p.m. some of the guys showed up and started singing to my roomate. Low and behold, this was the first time James and I saw each other. I am queen of pictures so that is why I have some pictures of that night. The rest is history!! James said he got back to his dorm and was asking around to find out my name and if I was dating anyone..... Hope you enjoy some of the pictures of our dating relationship. We sure have some great memories!

James is the one all the way to the right of the screen with the shiny shoes.

My roomates and I on the 3rd floor...

I frequently studied in the library. Well, one night after dinner my friends and I were headed there and James says: "Oh yeah, I study there too." Hhhhmmm....come to find out later, he had NEVER been to the library to study. :)

My Liberty ID

James' Liberty ID

Working at a Summer Camp in Vero Beach, FL, 1998

Gotta love kissing on the beach...

and just plain kissing....

I threw a surprise B-day party at our house in Hollywood, FL, for James' 20th

Love!!

James took me to Fenway Park in Boston, MA, just a few months after we started dating.

Cheesecake Factory in Coconut Grove, FL

I was making my "famous" buckeyes for James' family.... this was my first time in New England

Fall '99 in the mountains of Virginia

December '99

Spring 2000~ pre-marital counseling at Liberty

Engagement picture ~ Spring 2000

June 10, 2000

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Tanya, I love the "walk down memory lane"... :) What a great story!

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

I LOVE the LU pics. I had forgotten about those roommates! Do you keep up with any of them? I remember all of those outfits you are wearing too! I used to borrow them quite often...:)