Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving in South Florida

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at our friend's home, the Henderson's. They have a daughter who is 6 yrs old and there was another family there that also had a 6 yr old girl. It worked out great! There was at times some girl drama, but for the most part they got along very well. They watched Peter Pan and they decided to look for fairies outside. ALL night they kept talking about fairies and saying "I do believe in fairies, I do believe in fairies." It was really funny! I told them the only fairy that existed was the tooth fairy. :)
Anyway, we had a wonderful dinner~ Mandi went all out with the food! And I pitched in with a few items as well. It was an enjoyable day spent with family and friends, we do have so much to thank the Lord for! We loved having Uncle John here for Thanksgiving this year too. Sorry no pictures of the food or the adults..... we were too busy chasing after the kiddos. I will be posting the recipe(on my other blog) to the Key Lime Pie I made for the first time. It was a hit!! Not to mention is was very simple~ thanks Aunt Loi!!
Oh, let's not forget to mention that I went shopping with my friend Meg on "Black Friday." She picked me up at 5 AM and I got back to the house at 2:30 PM. What a blast!! Thanks Meg! And thanks to my wonderful hubby for watching the kiddos all day... love ya babe!
Looking for fairies with their finger lights....
Dress-up time, of course!
Uncle John ready to throw Gaby in the pool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was quite busy traveling everywhere (to Baltimore for Michael's soccer tournament). Just like you will be at Christmas time. Love you. Sorry I missed your call. I'll get back to you soon!